Thursday, July 19, 2012

Life as Me- A Look Into My Life and Mind

The truth is, I am still getting familiar with this new Cortney.  I could not be more different that I was a year ago and definitely than who I was 9 years ago.  People who have not seen me for years often do not recognize me.  This is not just because I look physically different, but because my whole personality and energy have shifted.  I know this seems odd for such a big change in such a short period of time, as most of it has happened in a year, but I can finally pin point the one thing that actually made the biggest difference.  But first, let me start from the beginning.

I was fired.  Yup, I was fired from my job for taking a day off due to my grandmother's passing.  I had never been fired from a job before and this really hurt my ego.  Sharing this with you, I notice how different I feel about the whole situation now.  But at the time, it was very difficult.  I had a cat pass away of a rare and sudden heart condition, my grandmother had passed away, and I was told I was not good enough to stay at my job.

I had been saying for many years that I wanted to start my own business.  Maybe personal organizing... but I was only 27 and mostly, I was terrified of everything.  I was a scared kid who grew up to be a scared adult.  I was too afraid to jump down two steps because what if I got hurt.  I had lived my whole life with fear being almost completely in control. 

But for some reason, this time in my life was different.  It was time for change.  So I actually decided to start trying to do professional organizing for people.  Of course, this scared me.  No, it was paralyzing fear actually.  It was also early winter and I was too scared to drive in any kind of yucky weather.  But I did it.  I found a client about 45 minutes away (and sometimes I had to drive in a bit of snow to get there) and I ventured out to learn how to help people get their homes in better order.  I quickly found I really didn't love it much and was not as good at it as I was with my own home or with helping my friends organize.

My client happened to be a Holistic Doctor.  I had spent several years doing all kinds of research on holistic nutrition.  My client one day said "you know Cortney... you know more about food than I do.  You should really go to Institute for Integrative Nutrition and become a Health Coach."  I had no idea what this school was and what a Health Coach was... but after I looked into it I got really excited.

A couple of months later I was all enrolled in the school and ready to learn how to be a Health Coach and start my own business.  The next year was filled with learning more about who I was and starting a personal journey of growth.  I started receiving Reiki energy work and attending spiritual gatherings (not religious, just spiritual).  I started doing some inner child work and getting to know more about myself and how to love the deepest most inner parts of my soul.

The most amazing thing I learned and experienced was that I did not love myself.  That was the one thing that helped me in my major shift and transition and loving myself enough to take a risk and see what amazing life was waiting for me.  I learned that the things you want in your life are there waiting for you!  You just can't see them yet, you have not stepped into the space where you are aligned with this new and amazing life.  But all you have to do is step into that space that is truly you. Through my journey I was able to understand what it meant to love who I am, who I have been, and who I will be.

Now I am a woman who adores her work, adores herself, and instead of running from things I just run at them full force.  I often am still afraid, but I do it anyway.  And the rewards have been priceless. I now have the honor of being able to help my clients along on their own personal journeys of beautiful transformation.

I am living the life of my dreams a little more every day.  Things that I would have thought impossible have become my every day reality.

I am so happy and so excited to be me!  Beautiful, vain, cranky, loving, patient, scared, brave, giving, selfish... and so much more.  All of it is perfect, all of it is me... and I honor and love every aspect of who I am and who I was and who I will be.

Would you like to learn more about how to love yourself each day with your food and lifestyle choices?  Feel free to get on my website and provide your e-mail address and you will be sent my free 5 Day Rejuvenate your Mind and Body Jumpstart

I am sending much love your way!

Cortney
www.wholemindedwellness.com
https://twitter.com/WholeMindedWell

No comments:

Post a Comment